Lesson 3 – Ezra the Skilled Scribe
- What is a scribe? A scribe is someone who wrote documents and books by hand. Certain Jewish scribes were responsible for making copies of the Law (first 5 books of the Bible).
- How was Ezra described in Ezra 7:6? A skilled scribe In Ezra 7:11? An expert or learned man in the commandments of the Lord.
- What are the five books of the Law? Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- Why was each king of Israel supposed to make his own copy of the Law? To help him to have a proper respect and love for the Lord and His Word and to help him be obedient to it.
- What are 5 helpful steps for studying the Bible? 1) Pray 2) Read carefully 3) Look it up! 4) Dig deeper 5) Memorize and meditate