Lesson 6 – Respecting the Elderly: A Study of Ruth
- What country was Ruth from? Moab
- What does “gleaning” mean? Gleaning was the process of picking up loose stalks of grain that were left in the fields by the reapers during the harvest. Widows and the poor were permitted to glean in the fields as a means of providing food for themselves.
- Whose fields did Ruth glean in? The fields of Boaz
- How did Ruth respond to Naomi’s plan for her to marry? Ruth was ready and willing to be obedient to all that her mother-in-law told her to do.
- What king of Israel was Ruth the great grandmother of? David